Wednesday, April 11, 2012

make up lesson.

Well my last voice lesson was more of a counseling session, but sometimes you need those just as much anyways. That week of practicing though I just kind of felt like I was running out of gas. I feel like my voice was just cooperating so much better at the beginning of the year and that could totally probably be just because it's getting towards the end here and I'm just really tired. However, it's so frustrating going from feeling really good about my singing to being frustrated again! We did touch on a new problem which was tension in the lower lip. It was something I would've never even thought of so it really opened my eyes to that. I haven't quite figured out how to let go of the tension there. Every time I think I am I feel like I have no control. Maybe that's what it's supposed to feel like? I'm not really sure yet, but I will figure it out eventually, hopefully!

1 comment:

  1. The first step to eliminate tension is awareness. That proprioception is key to consistent singing. That is the next hurdle in many singers' careers---consistency. I am still working on that one. Just make sure you are not too hard on yourself. There are many things out of our own control, and the predictability of our voices is one of them. You might also be going through a bit of a voice shift, or change. I went through one at just about the same time---roll with the punches, and don't let those road blocks stop you altogether.
    GO JACKIE, GO!

    ReplyDelete