Wednesday, April 11, 2012

keep calm and eat a cupcake.

I cannot even believe how close to the end of school it is. I know that everyone says it every year, but seriously, WHAT THE HECK! Studio recital is next week which I'm pretty pumped about. Well actually I'm kind of nervous because I want to wear the dress I wore for my junior prom and I'm really not sure if it fits. So if that's my biggest problem with life right now I really shouldn't complain. Then in just just a few weeks it is freaking barrier time. I am just dreading that. I always try and pack way too much information in my head and it's never even the right stuff and I am just so freaking out that I'm going to do it again. But we did start making note cards in my lesson so that was super helpful. I think next week I'm going to bring my biographies so we can like take information out of there so I'm not just stealing all the answers because I feel bad doing that. Next week on rectial I'm going to do vanilla ice cream which I am SUPER pumped for. I have been working my buns off on that one and I really hope I can pull it off like the song deserves. The hardest part is not moving around so much. I know that your face is the primary place for expressions to take place, but it is so hard to shut off your arm movements and stuff like that! I just need to tell myself that less is more with the extraneous stuff but there can always be more facial expression. I'm feeling really comfortable with my rep though so I'm really thankful for that. I'm so proud of myself for putting in so much hard work all through out the semester instead of just kicking it in gear at the end because I really feel in control and confident when it comes to the singing portion of my jury.Well, it isn't over yet though so no pats on the back yet, but I think I should be okay. I just can't freak out. And I won't. I think now that I'm signed up for classes I think most of my freak outs are out. No promises though. I may allow myself just one more from now until the end of school just to be safe.

1 comment:

  1. Jackie,

    I absolutely LOVE reading your blogs. I can almost hear the inflection of your voice while reading them!!! You are going to be fantastic at Vanilla Ice Cream---last Tuesday was one of the first times I truly saw you step out of your comfort zone and put everything out there for people to see! Can I tell you how proud I am of you for all of the growth and accomplishments you have made while here? It seemed at first you were a little lost, but you have found purpose and have become a GREAT leader in our studio and department. It is a great privilege to watch you grow into a future music educator. You are going to change so many lives, touch so many hearts!!!!
    BTW--no more freak outs. You have this in the bag.

    ReplyDelete