Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Approaching the home stretch!

Yesterday in my lesson we just went through all my rep. It's so crazy to me that I feel this prepared. It's so awesome! For some reason I'm still fighting to keep my throat open sometimes. But the good thing about that is that I can definetly tell when I'm doing it and when I'm not. It's so easy to feel now. Why don't I just do it all the time then? Who knows. But I'm starting to gain a lot of control of those kinds of things and I think that's a success in itself. I'm also noticing that I'm really not good at speaking German haha...good ol diction just tells me everything I do not know. I super struggle with the ichlauts and auchlauts. I try like just doing them and switching back and forth but there seems to be a huge difference in being able to speak them and being able to sing them. Really my only current worry though is still being quizzed on my composers. I just really really really want to pass!! But yeah that's really all I got. Studio recital is tonight and I am really super excited! It is the weirdest thing  actually being excited to be on a recital and feel confident about it!! I feel like this semester I've rediscovered my love for performing and it's probably one of the best feelings I've had in a while. Wow I am just realizing that. That is really neat. Well, I will call this a successful semester! One more voice lesson to go. And it is definetly time for summer. Everyone is driving me crazy. Gosh, I am so nice. Well here's to these last couple weeks....WHOOOOO!!

1 comment:

  1. Jackie, this has been your best semester so far! I am so happy to hear that you have rediscovered your love for performing---I can't wait to hear how Vanilla Ice Cream went yesterday! I am also so glad you can tell now when your soft palate is collapsed....the balance between bright and dark is skewed and the sound gets borderline TOO bright....keep that throat open. Try to pinch your nose shut when you are practicing....encourage the sound to resonate more in the mouth space than in the nasal cavity. Keep working toward that relaxed lower lip--I can't wait to hear you sing tonight!

    HOORAY!

    ReplyDelete