Tuesday, March 27, 2012

I have lost so many pencils this semester.

Hello world! Here I am to talk about my endeavors throughout the week. Well first and foremost diphthongs are driving me crazy. I also just realized like today that it's diPHthongs. I always thought it was dipthongs. Guess I'm a dip haaa. Well anyways, I am just having the toughest time hearing them. As soon as anything is said about them I can tell that I'm doing it, but when I'm by myself they seem to never even phase me. Maybe I need to do a little more speak singing. I know which words are my problem spots, but I just don't know. Drive me crazy. And then when it comes to diphthongs in la conocchia that is just like a whole other level of frustration because I'm not exactly positive what I need to look for when it comes to diphthongs in that language. I think I've sang that song too many times and I'm getting a little tired of it. But I'm still really excited for our studio recital!! I just hope I still fit into the dress I want to wear eeek. High school was so long ago!  I am really really loving vanilla ice cream, but I just get so discouraged almost at the beginning. I just sound so bad I think. And I'm not being hard on myself! That's like the weakest part of my voice so it can't ever decide what it wants to do and I'm so worried about cracking or something like that. It's going to be so fun once we get it polished up though. I really need to hit that one hard by myself. Other than that stuff I think my rep is going pretty well! So hooray for that. Oh and I was totally freaking out today about recital since I didn't have a banana but guess what I didn't even freak out when I got on stage!! I was actually like totally loving it. Funny what just a tid of confidence does..

1 comment:

  1. What a great post, Jackie. I thought it was Dip-thongs for the longest time, too. I think you sang BEAUTIFULLY yesterday! I could tell you were enjoying yourself--what a polished and beautiful performance.
    OK, back to the diphthongs....I think of the "chewy" sound in the word---I sometimes watch myself in the mirror when singing, especially in English, and watch for any extraneous jaw movement when singing a word, especially if I am moving from one vowel to another. You should really sing in chorale for a couple of weeks--we address it in every rehearsal and work on identifying diphthongs and solving those troublesome spots. Remind me next week in our lesson and we will really hit that hard!

    Again, wonderful job yesterday. You are starting to hit your stride as a performer! GO CONFIDENCE!!!

    ReplyDelete