Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Rejuvenated.

Well we had our first lesson after spring break yesterday and it went quite well. We went over Into the Night and that went pretty swell. I need to work on dipthongs and modifying so that shouldn't be too much to tweak. In Chanson d'amour I learned that I need a lot more puckering which I think might make singing it a bit more difficult because I don't want to create unwanted tension from doing the puckering so that will be a challenge. And then we changed the end of Vanilla Ice Cream (THANK GOD!) from the b to a turn so that is going to be a thousand times less scary. I mean I've never actually tried the b, but I just have a very bad feeling about it, and I really don't want to like kill my self attempting it, sooo we'll just keep it like we got it now. So every time I've been in the practice room I've done the duckas kitties and todays, but I just feel like I am not getting any better at it and it is making me mad. I sang in studio today and I think it was the best job I've done in quite a while. I went  up there with a good attitude and told myself that I was going to do great and I think that really made a lot of difference. I'm starting to get a tid nervous for the big scary barrier juries coming up, but so  far I feel real confident with my rep so I'm not going to stress too much over it right now. This may be my last blog ever because I have a diction AND aural skills test tomorrow so it might kill me. So if that is the case, then adios, but who knows, maybe I'll make it out alive.

1 comment:

  1. Jackie, I know I say this all of the time, but you are such a good example for everyone here at WSC. Your work ethic, determination, and sincerity have helped motivate many other students along their educational journey. I know at times this is hard to see, but you should take time to reward yourself once in a while. Your voice is truly beginning to blossom. Consistency in practice and constant self-evaluation will help you reach your vocal goals more quickly. It will also help you connect with your own future students. Keep up the great work, dear. BRAVA!

    ReplyDelete