Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Spring break is SO close.

Today was a good day. I have a stupid cold so I thought I was going to be awful, but it actually went quite well. I sang Into the Night and Kiss Me Not Goodbye. Being plugged up makes singing almost easier in some weird way, but I'll take what I have to work with I guess! I sang Kiss Me Not Goodbye on recital today and it went alright. I surprised myself with the high notes so that was pretty cool. However I really need to work on getting a brighter sound on my chest voice notes. I think I'm making pretty good progress on all my rep. I think I'm getting pretty close to having everything memorized. That is going to feel super awesome once that's all done. What I need to do is start really working on Vanilla Ice Cream. I have to do that one on a recital  because it will be completely awesome, but that song super frustrates me especially in like the beginning because it is so in the middle of my range which makes it a tid tricky when deciding when I want chest voice and when I want head voice. Oh and I'm getting really excited for our studio recital!! I super love my Italian piece. When practicing I've been getting a touch frustrated with my tongue because I'm trying to do duckas and kitties and todays, but it just never seems to get any easier. I just keep doing them though hoping that one day it'll just be a piece of cake. So that's really all I've got today. Not much going on in the brain of Jackie today. ta ta for now!

1 comment:

  1. I love reading your posts---
    Ah, Vanilla Ice Cream---That will be a good exercise for your "middle-range"; the mixed voice---a cross between the head and chest voices.....don't you just love me?!?!?!
    Get some rest over break---take it easy on the voice and do a lot of listening. Take care of yourself, Jackie!
    Dr. H

    ReplyDelete