Monday, February 6, 2012

French is hard.

In my lesson we went over a lot of diction stuff. We hadn't actually sung yet, but that's okay because I think the actual singing is going to be the easy part of a lot of my rep this semester. La Conocchia's ipa isn't online so we went through and figured that out for that. Thank goodness it's Italian so it's semi easyish so it wasn't too painful to figure out. Then we went through the french in Chanson d'amour. It's such a beautiful song and I can see how people say that French is such a beautiful language. The song and the words together are just stunning when put altogether. However, French is very very difficult I think. There seem to be so many little sounds you have to be sure you get in for each word. I think being in diction this semester is really going to help me out with that though. Already reading ipa source is just a thousand times easier because I recognize symbols and know what they mean. My assignment for the week was just to speak through la conocchia and get the words down real well and speak through the first part of Chanson d'amour. I also borrowed Dr.Hepworth's Italian dictionary because I couldn't find the translation online for la conocchia and it's always nice to know what you're singing about. I'm really excited to get back into the swing of lessons and start singing again. I am really excited for barriers at the end of the semester because I already feel like I'm on the right track for being prepared. Just have to work on my languages!

No comments:

Post a Comment