Tuesday, February 7, 2012

I have to make this quick. Glee is on in 15 minutes.

Okay so today in my lesson we sang through la conocchia, chanson d'amour, and nacht und traume. I still had a bit of missed pitches in la conocchia, but that part is easy to fix. The hard part is going to be switching form my head to chest voice so many times. I was trying to do it all in my head voice today and when I tried doing it alternating head to chest it just sounds weird because I can't make a smooth transition yet. Now that I finally found my head voice I just don't want to ever leave it! hahaha no, but seriously, it is really hard to switch from head to chest. That'll definetly be one of my main focuses in practicing this week. Chanson d'amour is still tripping me up a bit with the french in a few parts, but overall I think that one is actually going pretty well. I discovered today that I'm kind of losing my buzz. Ha that sounds funny...let me rephrase....I am losing the buzz when I'm singing. That's better. I need to remember spoon tongue and in the nose. I have been doing a little bit of close throat too. I just need to remind myself of these things! I know I know how to do it, it is just being consistent at it. Mr.Phil came to my lesson today which was awesome...shout out to Phil....the last song we went through was nacht und traume which I just freaking LOVE. Ugh it is so beautiful. Cannot get enough. But it's super hard. I think my german is a little bit sloppy so I need to do some hardcore listening on that, and there's some tricky rhythms which I hate to admit it, but aural skills is going to come into some serious handy with that. Now I just gotta get those memorized by spring break which I'm thinking should be pretty easy. So far I"m not freaking out so that is a step in the right direction! Well buenos noches beautiful people. I got a show to watch.

1 comment:

  1. Jackie Keller, you crack me up.
    I am so GLAD you feel like Aural skills is going to help you out....amazing, isn't it!!! Dang you, Aural Skills!!!
    Keep up your self-confidence. You are a SMART student, very talented, and you have a lovely voice. Try to refrain from too much self-criticism. That can break us.
    I hope you enjoyed Glee...and DONT WORRY...you are not loosing your buzz.

    ReplyDelete