Monday, February 6, 2012

Foreign languages. Blah.

This week in my lesson I was sick. Boo. I started taking vitamins because I seriously have the worst immune system of all time. So we went through la conocchia and even sang through it. I had most of the words correct, and we smoothed out a couple spots. I still need to work on notes for that one because I've been focusing so much on the language. I can't forget about the most important part! We also finished reading through Chanson d'amour and then sang through it. Dr.Hepworth said I actually did a good job, but I still feel like I'm not quite getting my mouth around the words like I need to. Practice practice practice. Once again I still need to work on the notes though. I've been neglecting my actual singing practicing a little bit because I've been so focused on score study. That's something I probably shouldn't admit in a blog, but I promise that now I'm getting the words and I'm feeling better there is going to be a ton more singing going on! But I have been listening my butt off to all my songs. I am just so happy with all my rep! It's a great feeling. We also kind of sang through Nacht und Traume. This song worries me the most out of all of them because it's my favorite but the rhythm and tempo just kind of really confuse me. It is supposed to be taken sehr langsam which means very slow and Dr.H told me to think of the eighth note as the beat which might make it a little easier to practice. I think once I get Mr.Phil to record the accompaniment for me it will make things a lot easier too than just trying to sing it by me counting. Dr.Hepworth says that I'm ahead of schedule from where I need to be at this point in the semester so hopefully I can stay ahead of the game. I CAN'T GET SICK ANYMORE. And I'm not planning on it. I need to get all my foreign language pieces memorized by spring break so I better get on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment