Thursday, March 22, 2012

this is a boring blog.

So in my lesson this week we went over my rep focusing on la conocchia, into the night, and vanilla ice cream. Vanilla Ice Cream is so hard! I had no idea it was going to be so hard when we started it! I think adding a character voice is going to make it a little bit easier, but the dipthongs are absolutely kicking my butt! I just never realize it when I'm singing it, but as soon as someone says something then it just seems so obvious. I think I'm going to start recording myself when I practice and then I'll be able to hear them. La conoccchia is going pretty well I just need to start breathing in the space. I think I have pretty much everything memorized so that is good. I'm getting pretty nervous for 300 level juries. I'm not worried about the singing at all, but it's the memorizing stuff about the composers and stuff that is going to kill me. I also am focusing on getting a more forward sound. I seem to forget about that a lot. I really don't have anything too exciting to talk about in this blog. So whooooooo!

1 comment:

  1. I must say---Vanilla Ice Cream is going to be your piece de resistance!!!! It is stretching you as a vocalist, as an interpreter, and as an actress! I am so excited for that piece!
    Start making notecards for each one of your pieces for 300 level juries---write pertinent information such as composer, dates, eras, style, translations, and any other information that might help you answer questions about the selection. That way you won't have to cram it all in later on.
    Rock it, Jackie!

    ReplyDelete