Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Big girl voice.

Well, the semester is finally winding down. Even though I say finally, it really doesn't even feel like it's the end at all. Actually, I wish it wasn't. Man, I would give a lot to just have two more weeks of just free time..not classes..just free time so I have time to accomplish everything I want to do exactly how I want to do it. Ohhh well though, I guess it is now time to engage crunch time mode. I sang An die Musik in recital yesterday, and it was easily the best I've ever done. I feel so much more confident since I'm beginning to figure out how to get my throat more open and produce a fuller sound. Today in my lesson we just ran through my rep, and we started with O cessate di piagarmi. As soon as Dr.Hepworth mentioned it I couldn't believe that I hadn't noticed it before, but there's a part where I tend to get really nasally. That is going to be one of my main practice focuses this week because I'm pretty sure that's the song I'm going to sing first for juries. We sang through An die Musik and fixed a couple diction errors, and I figured out my entrances again since I totally blew some of them off yesterday and made up my own. (Thank God for Mr.Phil) Then we did Love Has Eyes where I always mess up the turn because it's in a really dumb part of my range that I hate, but I am hoping that with time it will get stronger and then I can stop complaining about it. At first I thought that song was really easy to sing, but now I get kind of tired towards the end of it so that is kind of weird. Next we sang When I have Sung My Songs, which I really haven't liked to sing ever since Austin did it on recital a few weeks ago. He owned me, but it's fine. I really need to work on my counting a lot better on that song, and really add some musicality to it. That is something that I just need to do, it has nothing to do with my technique or anything like that so that should not even be a problem, but oh well I will fix it. Also, I need to work on connecting the words a lot better too. Finally, we ran through So In Love which is definetly my second fave after An die Musik. You know, I think I actually might do An die Musik for my first song for juries because I just really love it. But this can be discussed at a later time. Anyways, So in Love is totally the funnest song to sing ever basically because I love musicals and it's awesome. I am feeling very apathetic at the moment, so if this post seems to drone on that is probably why. I think I am going to get some coffee now. That is all, goodbye.

1 comment:

  1. I love the title of your blog! That is pretty accurate to what has happened this semester. You have grown SO incredibly much....I could not be more proud of you, Jackie. I don't think you are apathetic....just because you are not falling out of your seat with excitement does not mean that you are apathetic.
    Keep up the consistent work, and I am looking forward to your jury!
    Dr. H.

    ReplyDelete