Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Aubrey's fourth lesson...

I am just all over the blog world today. Just got done with Aubrey's lesson, and I am going to be completely honest. I am so frustrated. She can't find her head voice anymore. I've tried i's, sirens, puppy whimpers, sing-ahs, mrs.doubtfire voice.....I don't know what else to do :( it's like she can get it on the middle notes a little bit, but once we get to a d or higher she switches right back to muscling the sound with her throat. I can tell it's so uncomfortable for her too. She was getting pretty frustrated today too because she knew she was forcing her chest voice too. I just feel really panicked because we only have two lessons yet and we haven't even made it through the whole song. I had her sing through it on an i vowel and it really did not accomplish what I wanted it to at all. So we spoke through the rhythm and she got a good grasp on that. I was wanted to make it through the song so I told her just to try her best to get the sound to come from her head voice rather than forcing it up with her throat. I started kind of playing the accompaniment with her, but she didn't really know the notes so I just played the melody, plus I was kind of messing up a lot anyways. I gave her a link to a video to watch just so she could find out how it sounds and how the melody is supposed to go, but I don't think she really listened to it. Ugh, I just don't know what to do. I've tried telling her to think weak to think from her head, to not use her throat, to keep in mind that it will feel weird and uncomfortable, but I just can't figure it out. I don't know what to do. I keep making up all these stupid little things for her to think when she's trying to find her head voice, but they are not working! I am just going to google ways to find your head voice and see if I can come up with anything there. I am pretty sure that the bottom line is that she's just scared of her head voice, but hopefully we can face that fear before the next two lessons are finished.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you brought Aubrey by...remember to re-word or try exercises backward, or skip some exercises all together if you are finding that they are not working. You have been doing a fantastic job---she has a lovely voice, and I think you are going to do wonderful things with her!

    ReplyDelete