Sunday, February 6, 2011

Week Two.

This week my challenge was getting into a practice room and starting to figure things out myself. I've never really gone about actually practicing by myself so I felt pretty silly when I first started practicing. My assignment was to just start learning the Italian for Tu Lo Sai and to kind of get the feel for the music in If Music Be the Food of Love. Both of them are very different pieces from what I've ever had to sing before. It's good though, I like a challenge. My voice was pretty tired all week, but the cold never seems to help my voice out. I am still absolutely terrified to sing in the recital at the end of this semester. I just need to not think about it. I'm hoping that my voice gets much stronger before then. I'm guessing it will, but the what ifs just kill me. I just don't want to do bad! I need to get into a little better groove of practicing by myself. I am going to start experimenting a bit with my voice and start to see what works and what doesn't. Let another week begin!

2 comments:

  1. Great! I am glad you mentioned "experimenting" with what works and what does not work. That is the essence of practicing. Get into a routine---practice EVERY day for at least 20 minutes. Feel confident about what you are doing....feel purposeful. STOP thinking about the end of the semester, silly! It is so far away!
    You can do this....I believe in you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS....remind me to run through the sequence of practicing next week in your lesson.

    ReplyDelete