Monday, September 10, 2012

Beginning of the year.

So here we are again! It is my fourth semester of voice lessons and holy cow time goes fast. I'm doing my junior recital this year with Jamie and I am so excited. I know we have a long ways to go before we're ready, but I'm totally confident that we're going to rock it. The rep I'm doing for the recital is Deh vieni, non tardar, O del mio amato ben, An die Musik, Chanson d'amour, So in Love, Kiss Me Not Goodbye, Come Ready and See Me, and Vanilla Ice Cream. I am so pumped about my rep. I love all these songs. My main focus in preparing for the recital is going to be getting my soft palate up, losening up on some tension in different areas, connecting my registers better, and hitting the high b in Ice Cream. I don't know if fixing all those things in just a couple short months is actually going to happen, but I'm focused and ready to work harder than ever. So far we've really just ran through the new songs which are deh vieni, o del mio amato ben, and come ready and see me. I'm just so excited. I think maybe I should cut back a little bit because I don't want to end up disappointing myself if I can't come through on everything, but I'm just feeling really hopeful as of right now. So let's do this whoo whoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment