Monday, September 17, 2012

Mental Block.

Well my lesson last week was a little more difficult than I had expected.Turns out, I have some huge mental block thing going on. I feel like I'm straining for high notes, I can't find a good buzz and keep it there, and I just feel bad. I have been really focused so I know that isn't the problem. I also know how to do everything that I'm having problems with, well for the most part, but I just can't get myself to do it. I have been doing so much score study lately because I'm just kind of scared to sing. I just hate what comes out and I think my biggest challenge this semester is going to be getting rid of this mental block. I'm pretty nervous for my jury, but I already know that I'm going to be prepared. If only being prepared equaled automatic amazingness. I know I can do it. It's not a problem with my confidence really, I think I just have a bit of a bruised ego and that is one thing that I have learned is important for singers to have! I know my stuff. I know I do. I just have to get myself back in the zone. I know I can do it. I have a lot of motivation to prove everyone that thinks I don't have the greatest voice ever wrong. Including myself. Well, obviously I don't have the greatest greatest voice ever, but I don't suck. And the sooner I get that through my head, the smoother this semester is going to be. I know I can do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment