Friday, April 8, 2011

Yay

So last week I had to sing in studio and I was really super nervous because that was the first time a lot of those people had ever even heard me sing before. I decided to sing "Vergin Tutto Amor" since that piece seems to be the one I'm most confident in. I was really nervous for some reason, and Mr.Phil even had to tell me to calm down as he was playing the intro. But the song started and I made it through just fine. I kind of forgot everything I learned all semester at first when I started, but after I got into the groove a little bit then it all started coming back. For some reason, I just really crave everybody's approval so I was pretty anxious to hear what everyone was going to say about it. Luckily, everybody's comments were really nice and the criticism was very constructive. That gave me a lot of confidence going into this week. Of course, good things are never going to last as long as you want them too, and I got sick again this week so that's always a pain, but I'm going to start doing a sinus rinse thing and I think that will help an incredible amount. Now that I'm starting to catch on to the buzz thing a little better, my main problem is switching from my head voice to my chest voice. It's at right about a B where I have to change and it's kind of like my voice just breaks there. I don't really have any idea what to do about it, but it is very frustrating. With juries and singing in recital looming upon me, I really want to kick it in gear with this stuff and just have it all figured out, but I know it takes time and it's not that easy. I am super excited for this time next year though, I just can't wait to see how much I've improved because the difference I can tell in my voice from just the beginning of this semester to now just astounds me. So I must be doing something right!

No comments:

Post a Comment