Thursday, March 3, 2011

Breakthrough!!

Finally, a blog that won't be full of complaints! I had a really good week yay! Ever since I got switched to soprano two in choir, everything just seems a lot easier. Today in my lesson we made it through all of my songs, well kind of since I really don't like "If Music Be the Food of Love"...But today was the first time we really actually worked on singing through my repertoire and it felt really really good to feel like I was actually accomplishing something. My next order of business that I need to tackle is figuring out how to find the buzz. I'm really starting to catch on to the whole dropping the jaw thing I think, but I just can't figure out what exactly it is I need to do for the buzz. I suppose it will just involve a lot of practicing and a lot of experimenting. Nothing I can't handle though. I'm starting to get sick with a scratchy sore throat and a head cold sort of thing, but it's in it's infancy yet so I'm hoping that I can kick it to the curb before it will really start affecting me. Tonight is my first choir concert as a soprano so I'm pretty excited for that! Things are finally starting to click and it is super awesome. Let's just hope it stays that way!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE breakthroughs! I am really glad that you were switched to soprano II. Constantly thank Dr. Lofgren for working with you on this. I feel like that the semester is going to be a breeze---you are going to see some fantastic improvements in the next month!
    I am also very thankful that you are feeling positive about your voice and the progress you are making.
    Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete