Saturday, October 8, 2011

Lesson before NATS

Once again I had a pretty dang good lesson! The best discovery I made was when Dr.Hepworth said to put my tongue like a spoon. When I think like that it really gets my soft palate to raise and the sound comes out so much easier. The day before my lesson I sang O cessate in recital and I thought it went pretty well. I got a lot of comments from my peers about how much I've improved, and that was  pretty good feeling. I was really tired this week from singing the alleluia a thousand times this week, but I was still feeling pretty confident for NATS. As I kept on practicing through out the week after my lesson my voice was just kind of bi polar. Sometimes I can figure out exactly what I'm trying to do and the sound is great, but other times I just can't get it to work like I want it to. I feel like I'm really starting to figure things out though and I think these next couple weeks are going to bring some good things. I'm really hoping so anyways. NATS went okay. I know I could've done a thousand times better, but it was my first time ever so I guess I'm just proud of myself for making it through the whole thing alright. The judges gave me a lot of comments that I figured I'd hear, but I'm guessing we'll talk about that in my next lesson so I'm not going to go into that too much on my blog. I'm pretty excited with the things that have been happening in my lessons. Every time I make a stride it just motivates me more to keep working harder, and eventually I'm going to get where I need to be. I have a lot of hope for that.

1 comment:

  1. Yea for spoons! I am glad we had a break through. I am also very excited about what is going on in lessons this semester! I feel like you are finally "getting it" in terms of practicing and consistency. We need to focus on those two things some more and you will be on your way! I am so happy to hear that you are motivated to work harder. That is what it will take for a performance track!
    Have a great break, and keep practicing!
    Dr. H.

    ReplyDelete