Thursday, September 8, 2011

Head Voice.

Well I had my most ground breaking lesson the other day. I finally figured out what a head voice is! I really thought I had it figured out, but I think I was using more of a mixed voice than anything. I really don't know, but whatever it was, it was weird. SOOOOO now I know what it's supposed to feel like for sure. The only thing is, is that it's really hard for me to find it. I can't just jump in and start singing. I have to do the fake opera singer thing and find it and then I can get going in it. I know it's only been a couple days, but it's especially hard to find during choir. Solo singing seems so much easier these days than ensemble. Maybe it's because I just can't hear myself and I don't want to over do it and hurt myself because I think I'm a little fragile right now. I'm learning a TON in vocal ped right now and I think that is really going to help me in taking care and improving my voice. I really like the songs we have picked out right now. And I am SO excited to get a musical theater song :) :) :) :) That is my FAVORITE!! So as of now I'm pretty much just going through the literature and getting accustomed to the songs, but most importantly I just want to make sure I don't lose the head voice that I have so conveniently found. I am just going to try very very hard to not get stressed out. So everything will be just wonderful. And they all lived happily ever after. The end.

1 comment:

  1. YAY! I am so thankful you are making important connections with voice lessons and vocal ped. I think that VP is going to transform you as a singer. Remember, don't think too much about the ENTIRETY of the class. Take one day at a time (I feel like I am talking to myself!). I am also glad that you are consistently finding the buzz in choir and that you are able to transfer what you are learning in lessons and VP into other avenues of your education. Keep up the amazing work, Jackie!

    ReplyDelete